Photo + Film Shoots
A 34th Street Partnership permit is required to shoot in any portion of Herald and Greeley Square Parks.
Most shoots will be required to pay a site fee.
Why is there a fee to hold a shoot in a public park? 34th Street Partnership receives no city money and its public spaces, including Herald and Greeley Square Parks, are funded entirely by earned funds. A large part of this revenue comes from fees charged to those who wish to use the parks and public spaces for their own profitable, promotional, or exclusive use. All site fees are used to maintain and improve the park’s beauty and functionality.
Complete the application including the site map indicating the exact location where you wish to shoot. Site fees are determined by the following criteria:
- Type of shoot (editorial, commercial, stock, etc.)
- Duration of shoot
- Size of the crew
- Amount of equipment and complexity of setup used
- Location and amount of space used
- Publicity potential for the space
- Neither people nor equipment are allowed in the flower beds or planters at any time
- 34SP must have advance notice of all electrical needs, (e.g. whether or not you provide your own generators)
- If you plan to conduct interviews of visitors, 34SP must pre-approve interview questions
- 34SP must pre-approve of the script for scenes to be shot in the Squares.
- All fees, insurance certificates, city permits, and final permit application must be received before permission to film will be granted
Applying for a Permit
“Contribution” slot should be left empty, as a site fee will be determined by the 34SP Photo/Film Shoot Coordinator.
Upon receipt of your application, you will be notified of a site fee and if a certificate of insurance or damage deposit will be necessary.
Your completed application should be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to: 212-719-3499, Attn: Photo/Film Shoot Coordinator.
Timeline for Approval
Permit applications should be submitted as far in advance as possible, at least 48 hours prior to your proposed filming date.